Human Resource Management
The Human Resource Management graduate certificate is aligned with the competencies of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Instructors are experienced HR professionals who equip students with the practical knowledge, skills and tools needed to practice as HR generalists in almost any organization, large or small. Coursework is designed so that students apply what they learn to real cases and organizations throughout the DC area.
In making decisions for admission, Marymount University takes a holistic approach to application review.
- Graduate Application
- Official transcripts of all postsecondary education including evidence of bachelor’s degree; directly to Marymount University's Office of Graduate Enrollment Services, 2807 N. Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22207, or via an online delivery system
- Professional résumé
- Official GRE General Test scores taken in the last 5 years* (including the Analytical Writing score)
*Applicants with demonstrated academic achievement and/or significant experience may be reviewed for a GRE/GMAT test waiver once all application requirements are submitted.
Title IV federal financial aid is not available for this certificate program, but private and institutional aid may be available.
Minimum Grade Requirements:
Students in this certificate program must meet the university’s academic standards for graduate students and achieve a minimum grade of B- for each course required for the certificate. All graduate students in the School of Business Administration must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Additional Requirements for International Students:
For university coursework completed outside the U.S., an official course-by-course evaluation of your transcript is required from an evaluation agency with NACES membership such as World Education Services, Inc. or Educational Credentials Evaluators.
Students for whom English is a second language must submit a recent official score from the TOEFL of 96, IELTS of 6.5, or PTE Academic exam of 58, or documentation of program completion at one of Marymount University’s language partners (ESL, IELTS, LADO, or Mentora College).
For more information about International Admissions Guidelines, please click here.
For additional information about the application process, please visit Graduate Enrollment Services.
Enrollment Coordinator Contact Information:
Graduate Enrollment Coordinator
Schedule an appointment with Rebecca
Courses are listed in recommended sequence of enrollment.
- HRM 538 Human Resource Selection and Recruitment
- HRM 539 Performance Management
- HRM 534 Total Pay Perspective
- LA 535 Employment Law or LA 561 Business Law or MBA 516 Business Law and Ethics
- OD 521 Organization Development Change and Consulting