Requirements for the Politics major:
Students in this program will take the following coursework in a sequence determined in collaboration with a faculty advisor:
- POL 102 International Relations
- POL 103 Comparative Politics
- POL 210 Western Political Concepts I
- POL 211 Western Political Concepts II
- POL 250 Research and Writing
- POL 305 American Policy Process
- POL 335 American Constitutional Law
- POL 400 Internship
- POL 420 Senior Seminar
- 18 additional credits in Politics electives
All students also must fulfill Liberal Arts Core
and University requirements, and some of the above courses may also satisfy those requirements. For example, POL 102 and 103 meet the SS-1 and GP requirements, POL 250 and 420 and many of the electives meet the WI requirement, and many electives also meet the SS-2 requirement.
Politics majors are required to meet the Mathematics requirement of the Liberal Arts Core by taking Math 132 Statistical Analysis. Politics majors are required to meet part of the Introductory Social Science requirement of the Liberal Arts Core by taking either ECO 210 Microeconomics or ECO 211 Macroeconomics.
Politics major advising worksheet.