The French minor offers students the opportunity to combine Marymount’s intermediate and advanced language courses with a study abroad program in a French-speaking country. Through this minor, students will develop their language skills and fluency while being immersed in culture and civilization. The Center for Global Education guides students to choose the study abroad program that best fits their interests. (Please see Graduation Honors on page 40 of the Marymount University Catalog for information about study abroad credits and Graduation Honors.)
Minor Requirements (Effective Fall 2017)
The French minor requires a total of eighteen credits.
At the end of FA16, students in FR 305 Topics in French Literature gave oral presentations in the National Gallery of Art.
- Three to twelve credits from the following courses:
- FR 201 Intermediate French I,
- FR 202 Intermediate French II,
- FR 303 Contemporary French Civilization,
- FR 305 Topics in French Literature
- Six to fifteen credits in intermediate or advanced French courses from approved study abroad immersion program