The Honors Program at Marymount University provides a unique opportunity for students who are seeking academic challenges and the support of an active learning community.
Incoming freshmen, current Marymount students with fewer than 45 credits, and transfer students with fewer than 45 credits may apply. Students who have already completed college credits should consult with the Honors Director to determine the feasibility of completing the Honors curriculum in a timely fashion. Honors credits from another regionally accredited university may transfer toward Marymount’s Honors Program with approval from the Honors Program Director.
In addition to the University’s general admission requirements, the following are required for those seeking admission to the Honors Program:
- Minimum high school or college GPA of 3.50 (unweighted)
- Submit standardized test scores. Preferred minimum composite (Math and Critical Reading) SAT score of 1200, and/or composite (English, Reading, Math, and Science) ACT score of 26. *Please note, given the current circumstances surrounding the pandemic, we will be test optional for Fall 2021.
- Submit an Honors Program application. This application is separate from the university application.
- Submit an Honors essay responding to one of our prompts.
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation written by teachers and others qualified to comment on academic performance. One recommendation should speak specifically to a student's ability to thrive in an Honors Program.
- If you meet the requirements stated above, you may be invited for an an interview with an Honors Program Committee member.
November 1st - Spring 2021 Semester Deadline.
January 15th - Fall 2021 Semester Deadline..
Admissions to the university, and meeting the minimum Honors Program requirements, in no way guarantees admittance to the Honors Program under any circumstance.
For more information regarding application procedures, contact the Honors Program Director at Honors@Marymount.edu or the Admissions Office at Admissions@Marymount.edu.