Undergraduate Degree Programs
Health Sciences (B.S.)
The health sciences undergraduate degree program, housed in the Department of Health and Human Performance (HHP) and grounded in the university's Liberal Arts Core, provides students resources for developing professional skills in exercise testing, physical activity leadership, health and fitness assessment, exercise programming, wellness coaching, and public health. Graduates are prepared for beginning administrative, supervisory, and leadership positions in commercial and community health and athletic clubs and corporate fitness and wellness programs and for undertaking graduate study in health education, exercise science, occupational therapy, athletic training, chiropractic medicine, physical therapy, and public health. In addition, qualified students may apply for an accelerated B.S. to M.S. program in Public Health Education and Promotion.
- The Public Health emphasis is based on recommendations of the American College of Sports Medicine and Council on Education for Public Health. Students taking this emphasis are strongly encouraged to consider the accelerated 5 year Combined BS to MS program in Health Sciences/Public Health Education and Promotion and should consult an advisor, the Department Chair, or admissions for more information. See the Public Health Education and Promotion Program for more information.
- The Pre-Physical Therapy emphasis is intended for those interested in pursuing a graduate degree in Physical Therapy. Qualified incoming students meeting certain criteria may be eligible to apply for the PT Scholars Program which guarantees admissions to Marymount's Doctor of Physical Therapy (D.P.T.) program.
- Pre-professional emphasis is intended to prepare students for the prerequisite graduate level entry requirements in the professional fields of Athletic Training, Chiropractic and Occupational Therapy.
- Coming Fall 2020 - Exercise Science! Based on recommendations of the American College of Sports Medicine. Transfer and currently enrolled health sciences students interested in this emphasis for Spring 2020 should contact the Chair of the Department below.
- The Department of HHP also offers minors in Public Health and Strength and Conditioning (based on recommendations of the National Strength and Conditioning Association and beginning Fall 2020) for current Marymount students.
For more information or if you have questions, please contact Dr. Michael Nordvall, Chair of the Department of Health and Human Performance at email@example.com. If you are a transfer student interested in Health Sciences, please click the button below:
- Traditional four-year BSN program
- Accelerated BSN program available for individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree in another field, ideal for adult career switchers
- Hybrid online RN-to-BSN program- We are not accepting applications to this program at this time.
If you are a transfer student interested in Nursing, please click the button below: