Admission Requirements and Eligibility
The following are required to be considered for admission:
NOTE: Completion of minimum requirements does not guarantee an invitation to interview or admission to our program.
- a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university prior to entry into the Physical Therapy Program
- a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA for all college and university coursework
- a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA for all prerequisite science coursework
- no more than one (1) prerequisite course can have a course grade of "C" or "C+". All other prerequisite courses must have grades of "B-" or better. Click here for a list of our accepted prequisite coursework
- up to 12 credits of prerequisite coursework may remain incomplete at the time of application to the program; any remaining prerequisite coursework must be completed with a course grade of "B" or better before entering the DPT program
- completion of forty (40) hours of observation or volunteer service work in a physical therapy clinical setting, verified by a physical therapist from the clinical setting by the time of application deadline. (These hours may be completed at more than one clinical facility)
- two references (please see the list of acceptable evaluators here)
- scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the last five (5) years
- receipt of Marymount Univerisity supplemental application fee
- invitation to MU DPT Interview Day (interviews are by invitation only and are required for admission)
Marymount's DPT Program does not accept students seeking to transfer nor do we accept applications from persons dismissed from any PT program.
Questions about Admissions Requirements?
Contact Marymount's DPT Program Graduate Enrollment Coordinator Paige MacMorland