In making decisions for admission, Marymount University takes a holistic approach to application review.
- Fall enrollment:
- Priority Deadline: March 1st
- Final Deadline: June 15th
- Spring enrollment:
- Deadline – November 1 - Full-time student enrollment ONLY.
In addition to university wide graduate admission requirements for degree-seeking
students, applicants must:
In addition, individuals must meet these requirements:
Complete the application on NursingCAS
- Spring 2019 admissions applications will be submitted using NursingCAS.
- The application will be open on or around August 15, 2018. If you would like to be notified when the application is open, please click here to submit your email address
provide evidence of having earned a nursing degree from an accredited college or university
Hold a BSN with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Hold RN licensure in Virginia. FNP students are required to have licensure also in Maryland and the District of Columbia prior to placement in clinical courses
- submit a 250- to 500-word professional essay describing professional goals and motivation for seeking the degree
- provide a copy of APRN certification, as applicable
After a preliminary review of application materials, applicants may be invited to interview with members of the admissions committee.
Graduate Nursing applicants must also meet the following clinical requirements before entering each practicum course:
- All graduate students must meet the university health requirements for graduate students upon matriculation
- All graduate nursing students must submit evidence of a recent health examination, criminal background check, drug test, and required immunizations prior to starting clinical.
- Additionally, students must submit a criminal background check and drug screening as well as the Provider Attestation and Technical Standards documents prior to starting clinical.
Securement of clinical placements is a collaborative effort between the student and the university.
Additional Requirements for International Students:
For university coursework completed outside the U.S., an official course-by-course evaluation of your transcript is required from an evaluation agency with NACES
membership such as World Education Services, Inc.
or Educational Credentials Evaluators
Students for whom English is a second language must submit a recent official score from the TOEFL of 96, IELTS of 6.5, or PTE Academic exam of 58, or documentation of program completion at one of Marymount University’s language partners (ESL, IELTS, LADO, or Mentora College).
For more information about International Admissions Guidelines, please click here
For additional information about the application process, please visit Graduate Enrollment Services
Enrollment Coordinator Contact Information:
Graduate Enrollment Coordinator
Schedule an appointment with Paige