Clinical Experience & Careers
As a Marymount Nursing student, you will gain hands-on experience through numerous clinical experiences, including many opportunities to work with world-class institutions. Clinical sites have included
- Arlington County Department of Health Service
- Children’s National Medical Center
- George Washington University Hospital
- Georgetown Medical Center, Inc. – Medstar
- Greater Southeast Community Hospital
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Inova Health System
- N Street Village
- Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
This program prepares students for careers in the highest level of nursing practice.
According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), “Research from Drs. Linda Aiken, Carole Estabrooks, Christopher Friese, and others have established a clear link between higher levels of nursing education and better patient outcomes.”
With the escalating shortage of nurses, professionals prepared to deliver the highest level of nursing care with the greatest level of scientific knowledge and practice expertise will become even stronger. Graduates of Marymount’s program will help fill this gap.