Visitors & Community
Reinsch Library is open to the public for on-site use of library materials. Access to electronic databases, full-text journals, and other resources is available on campus only. Priority use of facilities is given to Marymount students, faculty and staff and may be limited to Marymount patrons at busy times during the semester and exam periods.
Community Borrowers Card:
- A Community Borrowers card allows you to check out books from the Marymount Library. The card does not give access to materials or services of other Washington Research Library Consortium libraries. Interlibrary loan and distance borrowing services are not available to Community Borrowers.
- Borrowing privileges are not transferable.
- The card may be renewed annually for patrons in good standing.
- Overdue books or fines will block borrowing until item(s) are returned and any fines/fees are paid.
- Community Borrowers can access their library account by logging in to the Community Borrower Login:
Library visitors in the following categories are eligible to apply for a card:
Residents of Arlington County may obtain an Arlington Borrowers card by completing an application and providing photo identification with proof of residency. There is no charge for an Arlington Borrowers card. Borrowers must be at least 18 years of age.
Catholic High School Borrowers
Students currently enrolled at Bishop Ireton High School or Bishop O’Connell High School may obtain a Catholic High School Borrowers card by completing an application and presenting school photo identification. There is no charge for a Catholic High School Borrowers card.
Residents of the local area who live outside Arlington County may obtain a Special Borrowers card by completing an application form and providing photo identification with proof of address. The cost of the card will be $75 per year or a onetime fee of $200.
Community Borrowers Policies:
- Three week check out period.
- Borrow up to five books at a time.
- Items may be renewed once.
- Periodicals, reference materials, reserve materials, special collections and media items may not be checked out with any Community Borrowers card.
- Overdue fines are 25¢ per day up to a maximum of $10 per item.
- $120 replacement charge for lost or damaged items.