Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
The Doctoral Hooding Ceremony, held on the Friday before Commencement, celebrates and honors the University's doctoral candidates with the conferral of the doctoral hood; which is then worn with academic regalia at the Graduate Commencement.
Candidates are hooded in the following programs: Doctor of Education and Counselor Education and Supervision (Ed.D.), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT).
Immediately following the ceremony, candidates and their guests are invited to a reception in the Atrium.
- 4:15 Doors open for Guest Arrival
- 4:15 Candidates Line Up, Rec Gym, Lower Level
- 5:00 Ceremony
- Reception immediately follows
- Doctoral degree recipients are responsible for providing their own hoods, caps and gowns. Regalia will be available for rent. Online ordering will open March 15th and end April 3rd.
- Regalia Pick Up: Rented doctoral regalia will be available for pick up at 4040 Fairfax, 2nd Floor Physical Therapy Dept. Lobby on Thursday, April 27, 2017 from 2:00-3:00 p.m.