Regardless of whether a student is hired under the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program or Campus Employment (CE), all students must meet minimum eligibility criteria. Eligibility for summer employment varies slightly from eligibility during the academic year. International students also have additional eligibility requirements to consider.
To qualify for FWS or CE during the academic year, student applicants must have:
- authorization to work on campus in the United States
- full-time undergraduate or graduate status
- good judicial standing (Students who are on disciplinary probation at the time of application may be eligible for employment if permission is received by the dean for Student Development and Engagement prior to hire.)
In addition to the criteria cited above, the following criteria apply to students seeking summer employment.
If a student will be a full-time student in the fall semester, the student must:
- have been registered as a full-time student in the spring prior to the summer for which they are applying to work AND be registered as a full-time student for the following fall semester, OR
- be registered as a student for the summer session in which they are applying to work AND be registered as a full-time student for the following fall semester.
If a student is graduating in August, the student must:
- have been registered as a full-time student in the spring prior to the summer for which they are applying to work AND be registered for the remaining degree requirements to be completed during the summer session.
The procedure for hiring international students who are attending Marymount on a visa varies slightly from the process for hiring domestic students. Not all visa types allow students to work in the United States. It is imperative that an international student’s visa is assessed by the Center for Career Services for work authorization prior to the student’s hire. Most international students at Marymount are on an F-1 visa which allows them to work in the United States but only on campus. If an international student has additional questions or would like further assistance regarding on campus employment he or she can contact the Center for Career Services at (703) 284-5960 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or the International Student Services Office at (703) 526-6922 or email@example.com.