Working on campus is a privilege afforded to students. Below are the responsibilities you agree to when you accept a job on campus:
- Arrange a work schedule with the supervisor that is compatible with your class schedule.
- Report regularly and promptly to work as scheduled by your supervisor.
- Arrange for absences in advance with the supervisor and call the supervisor directly to report an unavoidable absence before the scheduled work hours begin.
- Maintain the confidentiality of departmental and student records.
- Complete a timesheet according to the payroll schedule and retain a copy of each timesheet submitted. Your signature indicates that the hours submitted on the timesheet are accurate.
- Regard the job assignment as an employment opportunity and the supervisor as a potential reference for future job and internship applications.
- Attempt to resolve any employment issues with your supervisor. If the issue cannot be resolved, notify the Center for Career Services as soon as possible.
- Report to work only when the University is open – not on University holidays or inclement weather days.