Students seeking accommodations or services on the basis of a temporary disability must provide documentation verifying a disabling condition by a licensed health care professional who is currently working with the student. The diagnostician must be an impartial individual who is not a family member of the student.
The documentation must include the following additional information:
- The nature and cause of the condition
- The current functional impact of the condition
- The onset and verification of the disabling condition should be no older than 60 days
- The expected duration of the condition
- The prognosis for recovery
- Rationale for any accommodations based on the functional impact of the condition