B.S., M.Ed., Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University
- Counseling for Individuals (Skills)
- Research & Evaluation
- Multicultural Counseling
- Counseling Theories
- Introduction to Chemical Dependency
- Chemical Dependency Counseling
- Diagnosis of Mental Disorders
- counseling supervision (issues facing professional counselors)
- mental health (issues related to suicide)
- school bullying
- spirituality and religious issues (focusing on military personnel)
- career issues across the lifespan
- counselor competencies and continuing education
Dr. William R. Sterner has been teaching in the Community Counseling program at Marymount University since August 2009. He has presented at numerous national and state associations. Dr. Sterner has written scholarly work in the areas of counseling supervision and research as well.
Dr. Sterner worked for nearly six years as a clinical mental health counselor and drug and alcohol clinical supervisor in central Pennsylvania. He also worked for two years conducting substance abuse assessments with clients in the criminal justice system.
He is a licensed professional counselor in Pennsylvania and North Carolina and is a National Certified Counselor. He is a member of the American Counseling Association, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, and Chi Sigma Iota (Rho Alpha Mu Chapter).