Monday, May 2
- Deadline to register for the Wednesday, May 4, workshop Teaching With Technology, sponsored by The Center for Teaching Excellence. The workshop will be from 10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. in Caruthers Hall. It will include training in SMART Board, Blackboard, Prezi, Zotero, Brief Hybrid Workshops, and more. Lunch will be provided, and advance registration is required. Register here
. You may also e-mail Cindy Mitchell
or call ext. 5761.Wednesday, May 4
- Graduate Education Programs Information Session, 7 p.m., Ballston Center. Register here
. For questions, call Graduate Admissions at ext. 5902.Saturday, May 7
- Recognition Day: Baccalaureate Mass, 5 p.m., Awards Ceremony, 6:30 p.m., Lee Center; President’s Reception immediately following the Awards Ceremony, in the Gerard Dining Hall.Sunday, May 8
- 10 a.m. for undergraduate ceremony; D.A.R. Constitution Hall.
- 2 p.m. for graduate student ceremony; D.A.R. Constitution Hall.
Thursday, May 12
- Reston Graduate Business Programs Information Luncheon, noon, Reston Center. Register here
. For questions, call Graduate Admissions at ext. 5902.Friday, May 13
- Marymount’s Employee Appreciation Day, “A Taste of Vegas;” lunch at 11:30 a.m. in the Lee Center; entertainment, games, and team competitions, 12:30 to 4 p.m. For details, contact Human Resource Services at ext. 1680.Wednesday, June 1
- Reston Graduate Education Programs Information Session, 6:30 p.m., Reston Center. Register here
. For questions, call Graduate Admissions at ext. 5902.Monday, June 6
- Publication date of the next issue of InsideMU
. Submission deadline is Monday, May 23. Submit your items by e-mail
. NEWS YOU CAN USEManagers Roundtable
: The Managers Roundtable is an informal lunchtime discussion group open to any Marymount employee who manages others. The meetings will take place every other month on a Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m in the rear of the Gerard Dining Hall. The next three meetings are
- May 18: Managing Millennials
- July 20: Managing Up
- September 21: Handling Attendance Issues
Lunch will be provided, and registration is required. To register, e-mail Bernadette Costello
, director of training and development, or call ext. 1554.New Room for Nursing Mothers
: A quiet, private, and comfortable space where nursing mothers can express and store milk safely is now available on Main Campus. The Nursing Mothers Room is in Ireton Hall, Room 1010, and it is open to faculty, staff, and students who are nursing mothers. The room accommodates only one person at a time, and it is equipped with a mini refrigerator and a comfortable chair. Nursing mothers are responsible for bringing their own supplies. Reservations are required, and a key is needed for access. To reserve the room, or for questions, contact Human Resource Services at ext. 1680. HR is working to establish a similar room at the Ballston Center in the near future.Need to Use a Netbook?
The Reinsch Library now has seven netbooks available for checking out by faculty, staff, and students. Netbooks can be borrowed for three hours at a time, but they can’t leave the library. For questions, contact the circulation desk at ext. 1533.
Summer Mass Schedule: Mass will be said in the Sacred Heart of Mary Chapel
on the following schedule:
- 11 a.m. Sunday Masses will continue through June 26, then be discontinued, resuming on August 28;
- 7 p.m. Sunday Masses will end on May 1, then be discontinued, resuming on August 28;
- 7:30 a.m. and noon weekday Masses will continue until Wednesday, July 1, and will resume on Monday, August 22
For other area Catholic services, please check Mass Times
. For questions, contact Susan Welch-Paris at ext. 1607.
Dr. Behnaz Z. Quigley, professor of Accounting, presented a paper titled “Islamic Banking” at the 99th annual conference of the Society for Advancement of Management in Orlando, FL, March 31-April 3. Dr. Quigley also served as a discussant of a paper titled “Ethical Environment in Charitable Nonprofit Organizations.”
Josue Camarena, maintenance mechanic, Physical Plant, ext. 1529.
Alex Wrenn, systems administrator, Information Technology Services, ext. 5954.
Elliot Uhl has been promoted to coordinator for student development and employment, Office of Student Development, from his previous position as administrative secretary in the same department.
Please pray for the repose of the soul of William (Will) Soza, who died on April 22. Mr. Soza was a longtime friend and supporter of Marymount University.