Whether you are starting your career or looking for a new professional path, Marymount and the Alumni Association offer several resources to assist you.
Center for Career Services
Marymount’s Center for Career Services (CCS) provides comprehensive career discovery, planning and decision-making assistance to Marymount students and alumni to foster their professional development and long-term career satisfaction and success. Below is a list of specific services offered for alumni:
1. Access to Jobs4Saints
- Online job postings for students and alumni
- Available 24/7
- Alumni can gain access by contacting Career Services
2. Professional Development Events
- Alumni-only events designed to build professional skills, expand their network
- 3 times per year – fall, spring, summer
- Hosted in conjunction with the Alumni Office
3. Career Coaching
- Individual one-on-one assistance with job search/career development
- Recent alums (less than 12 months since graduation) have unlimited access
- All other alums can be seen 2 times per year free of charge
- Additional coaching meetings are available at $25 per session
To get access to Jobs4Saints or schedule a career coaching session, please contact Career Services at 703-284-5960. Look for dates for professional development events throughout the year on the Alumni Association calendar!
The Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges (VFIC) - Career15
The Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges (VFIC) offers access to a system called Career15. The program brings together job seekers from the VFIC's 15 member institutions and HR professionals from their corporate partners who are searching for interns and employees. The Career15 website (www.career15.com
) offers job seekers the ability to search companies and job postings within the program. Learn more at http://www.vfic.org/career15.html
Course Audit Program
Learn about a new topic in your field, brush up on a subject, or explore a new area of interest by auditing a course. Marymount University alumni may audit two courses per semester, provided the enrollment limit for the course has not been reached the final week of registration and approval has been received from the associate dean. The fee is $200 per course. Course audits are noted on Marymount transcripts. Get information on how to register, class schedules, and online forms.
Marymount University Jobs
MU has excellent job opportunities. If you are interested in working for Marymount, be sure to check out postings at www.marymountjobs.com