Marymount Alumni Course Audit Policy and Procedure
Please follow the steps below to audit a course.
Note: Alumni wishing to audit a course cannot be registered for the course prior to one week before classes begin for the requested semester. Audit registration forms and associate dean permission may be submitted and obtained prior to this date.
1. Read the Audit Policy below.
2. Search for the course(s) you would like to audit by using the online Schedule of Courses. Be sure to choose the correct semester!
3. Click here to register to audit using the online Audit Registration Form. If you prefer, this form can also be printed and mailed to the Office of Alumni Relations, Marymount University, 2807 N. Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22207.
4. Contact the associate dean of the school in which you would like to audit the course(s); only an email is required, communicating your name, class year, and which course(s) you would like to audit, during which semester. The associate dean will speak to the professor for you, and will then respond both to you and the Office of Alumni Relations.
If you are unable to contact the associate dean via email, the Alumni Office is happy to assist.
5. Once permission is given, the Office of Alumni Relations will have you registered for the course, using your Audit Registration Form and the written permission from the associate dean. Online audit registration through Marynet is not available.
6. Begin your course! Book lists for courses can be obtained at the on-campus bookstore or through the bookstore website.
ALUMNI AUDIT POLICY
1. An alumnus/a of any Marymount degree program in good standing may audit a Marymount course. Alumnus/a status is determined by University policy.
2. For Marymount alumni currently registered as Marymount students, student status will take precedence, and the individual will not be eligible to audit under this policy.
3. The purpose of the alumni course audit program is personal and professional enrichment. Alumni enrolling as auditors may not change to credit-seeking status, and audit courses will not count toward a future degree program.
4. Alumni will be eligible to register to audit a course beginning one week prior to the start of classes, where space permits, and not after the late registration deadline (usually one week after classes begin). Fully enrolled students have priority to register for classes up until this time. Some classes may reach capacity prior to the Alumni Course Audit Registration period. If classes are full, alumni will be advised to select another course and/or semester. View the academic calendar here.
5. A fee of $250 per course per semester (subject to change), plus any applicable Technology Fees, will be charged and billed by the Student Accounts Office. Payment instructions will be provided when the bill arrives.
6. Alumni auditing courses must obtain a student parking decal and will pay the daily parking fee in effect during that semester. Please contact the Parking Office at 703-284-5700 for more information.
7. Audited courses will be noted on your academic transcript upon completing and paying for the course.
8. A maximum of two courses per semester may be audited by an alumnus/a.
9. Courses with laboratory, studio, or clinical requirements, courses based on the interactive acquisition of skills and other courses with special admissions criteria will not be open to auditors. This is at the discretion of the associate dean. Examples: clinical nursing, education practica, physical therapy, etc.
10. Though alumni may use the computer labs to assist them in their course work, paying, degree-seeking students will have first priority in the computer labs if space is limited.
11. Alumni may be asked to show identification to have access to the University (i.e., parking, shuttle service, library, computer labs). Alumni should show their Alumni ID Card. If you do not have a card, please contact the alumni office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 703-284-1541 and one will be mailed to you.
Questions? Contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 703-284-1541 or email@example.com.