A freshman is a first-time university student or a student with fewer than 12 completed university credit hours.
To be considered for admission you must submit the following:
- Completed application with the $40 application fee. Apply online or download a PDF application.
- Letter of recommendation from your school principal, teacher, or academic advisor. This letter must be written in, or translated into, English.
- Official transcripts, sent directly to Marymount from the high school attended or authenticated by your home country's Ministry of Education or the U.S. Embassy in your country. If applicable, also include official exam results and evidence of graduation.
- Official standardized test score report.
|| Marymount Exam Code
|| Minimum Required Score |
|| 450 critical reading|
950 critical reading/math
|| 18 English section|
|| 79 Internet|
|| 6.0 overall|
| PTE Academic*
|| 54 overall|
* Students for whom English is a second language must submit a passing TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic score or fulfill the terms of conditional admission.
The application for admission and all supporting documents must be received no later than the date indicated for the corresponding semester.
- Fall semester (begins in late August) - July 1
- Spring semester (begins in mid-January) - October 15
Once you're admitted, there are additional steps you will need to take.
>> Download the International Student Application Checklist