Congratulations! There are a couple of things you must do to secure your place at Marymount and address your U.S. immigration requirements.
Submit an Enrollment Deposit
Accepted students must first place a nonrefundable enrollment deposit to reserve their space at Marymount University. This must be in the form of a check drawn on a U.S.-based branch of a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars.
- Undergraduate commuter students: $100
- Undergraduate and graduate students who will reside in University housing: $300
- Graduate students in the following programs (all of these deposits are due within 30 days of notification of acceptance, except as noted):
- Counseling (all M.A. and Ed.D. programs): $300
- Criminal Justice Administration and Policy: $300
- Education cohort at Reston Center: $200
- Forensic Psychology: $300
- Interior Design: $300
- Nursing (D.N.P.): $300
- Nursing (M.S.N.): $200
- Physical Therapy: $500, due within three weeks of notification of acceptance
Obtain an I-20
If you need an I-20 (certificate of eligibility) for an F-1 student visa, you must submit the following documents, in addition to the previously stated admission material. If you are a student with an active F-1 student visa and you currently hold an I-20 from another U.S. institution, you must arrange for the transfer of your SEVIS record to Marymount and obtain an I-20 from Marymount.
- International Student Supplemental Information (ISSI) form
All pages of the ISSI form must be completed by an international student who intends to enroll under F-1 (student) visa status. Students holding any other type of U.S. visa must submit pages 1 and 2 only.
Pending permanent residents must submit only the first page of this document and a copy of their I-485.
Download the form here
- Passport ID
You must submit a legible photocopy of your passport ID pages.
- Bank Statement
You must provide an official original bank statement showing:
- $44,623 (U.S. dollars) for undergraduate students
- $31,878 (U.S. dollars) for graduate students
- $33,049 (U.S. dollars) for graduate business students
- $44,910 (U.S. dollars) for Doctor of Physical Therapy students.
This bank statement must be signed and stamped by a bank official and dated no earlier than six months prior to the issuing of the I-20.
Only students currently enrolled in a U.S. high school or college under F-1 visa status need to submit the following items:
- Previous I-20 photocopy
- U.S.-issued Visa photocopy
- I-94 Card photocopy of the front and back of the card (arrival and departure record)
- Transfer Clearance Form
It is recommended that you submit your documents early, particularly if you will be applying for a new F-1 visa. All documents listed above must be received by the Admissions Office no later than the application deadline
Get ready for classes
Follow these steps to create a student account in order to register for classes:
Get ready to travel