Prior to beginning any clinical education experiences, PT students must provide
- Record of a recent medical examination completed by a medical professional
- Annual written verification of testing for tuberculosis or screening (negative 2-step PPD skin test is required) or clear chest xray report if PPD is positive prior to registering for classes
- Proof or letter of declination of the following immunizations: Hepatitis B (3-part series), MMR, Varicella, and Tetanus/Diphtheria (TdaP)
- Written verification of health insurance coverage, submitted to the Clinical Education Coordinator
- Written verification of CPR certification (American Heart Association for Health Care Providers) prior to registration for the first clinical Physical Therapy course (current CPR certification must be provided to the Director of Clinical Education each semester)
- A criminal background check, which is a federal requirement for all persons working with vulnerable populations
- Drug screening, required by clinical agencies
- Any additional requirements as stated by specific health care agencies.
Students will not be permitted to register for classes until all requirements are met.