This minor is open to students pursuing a degree other than the B.S. in Information Technology or the B.S. in Health Information Management. It provides students with a general understanding of the information technology field including computer hardware and networks, information security, database management, and Java software development. A minor in Information Technology is a valuable complement to many programs, particularly Business Administration, as computers play an increasingly important role in today’s workplace.
- IT 110 Information Technology in the Global Age
- IT 120 Personal Security in the Digital Age or IT 335 Computer Security
- IT 130 Java Programming or IT 125 Web Development
- IT 205 Computer Technology
- IT 210 Software Engineering
- IT 305 Computer Networking
- MSC 345 Project Management