Many courses require field experience. See course descriptions
(ED 509 and ED 503 are required as the first courses in this program, as they provide the foundation for all other courses.)
- ED 503 Curriculum: Theory and Practice
- ED 509 Special Education: Foundations and Characteristics*
- ED 511 Psychoeducational Assessment and Instructional Programming
- ED 519 Current Research, Trends, and Legal Issues in Special Education
- ED 522 Reading, Language Development, and Remedial Strategies
- ED 523 Diagnostic and Corrective Literacy Instruction
- ED 529 Collaboration and Consultation in Special Education Settings
- ED 539 Instructional Implementation of the Individualized Education Program
- ED 545 Transition and Family Issues for Individuals with Disabilities
- ED 549 Assessments, Techniques, and Interventions in Behavior Management #
- ED 558 Elementary Math Methods
- ED 570SE Student Teaching: Special Education General Curriculum (K-12) #
*A course in Human Growth and Development for Kindergarten-age students through adolescents is required before enrolling in ED 509.
# ED 549 and ED 570SE must be taken at the same time.