Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application with $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (an undergraduate major in Psychology is preferred, however, candidates from other fields will be considered)
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary education with an acceptable GPA
- Satisfactory scores on the GRE (including the Analytical Writing score)
- Two letters of recommendation that speak directly to the applicant’s academic and interpersonal skills (please use the recommendation forms available in the application packet or online)
- A personal statement describing the applicant’s background and motivation for entering the field of study for which he/she is applying
After the initial review of an applicant’s preliminary materials, he or she may be invited to participate in a one-hour interview process with faculty. The process includes group and individual interviews and an orientation to the program. The interview will take place in-person. All application materials must be received by the appropriate deadline in order to be considered for the interview.
Application Deadlines for Counseling Programs
Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Pastoral and Spiritual Care, and Pastoral Counseling
Students are admitted for the fall semester only. Completed applications must be received by February 3 or May 1. Applications received after these deadlines will be considered for a future admission dates. If space permits, students may be admitted for the spring semester.
Students are admitted for the summer semester only. Students are expected to begin in the summer immediately after their admission to the program. Completed applications must be received by March 31. Applications received after this date will be considered for a future academic year.
Admission to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling with Forensic Psychology option
To be admitted to this program, students must first seek admission to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. After completion of 40 credit hours in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program, the student may apply to be admitted to the Forensic Psychology program.
In addition to the application, the individual will need to submit two letters of recommendation and a personal statement. Transcripts and GRE scores (if applicable) do not need to be submitted again.