Department of Counseling Receives Prestigious Award...
Marymount’s Department of Counseling is one of only three institutions nationwide to be recognized with the 2011 National Board for Certified Counselors Professional Identity Award... READ MORE ABOUT IT
ABOUT MU's PROGRAM
Are you ready to move your counseling career forward as an advanced clinician or supervisor? Or perhaps you're interested in becoming an educator or researcher in a university setting. Marymount University now offers the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Counselor Education and Supervision to prepare individuals holding a master’s degree in Counseling for leadership positions in universities, mental health agencies, and schools.
This program supports Marymount’s commitment to the training of counseling professionals who uphold the highest ethical standards, proficient in and sensitive to the needs of multicultural populations. The Ed.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision will enable you to gain the advanced clinical and supervisory skills needed to serve diverse populations.
- Full-time cohort day format, providing opportunities for continual collaboration with faculty and fellow students
- Convenient, Metro-accessible location in northern Virginia
As a student in the program, you will
- develop an identity as a counselor educator and demonstrate evidence of leadership in professional counseling associations, mental health agencies, and schools
- apply advanced clinical and supervisory skills and competencies in field-based settings while demonstrating awareness of and sensitivity to issues of diversity experienced by clients and students
- conduct research and generate new knowledge in the field of counseling
- design, implement, and evaluate curricula and demonstrate effective pedagogy in the field of counseling
Applications are now being accepted for the cohort that will begin in our Fall term. Learn more