Marymount University’s B.S. in Biology can lead to exciting opportunities in the sciences; biotechnology; or serve as a foundation for graduate study in medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, or another health discipline. Majors choose a track to focus on a particular area of interest:
- General Biology
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
Those interested in pursuing a career in Physical Therapy have an opportunity to take coursework as part of the Molecular and Cellular Biology track to prepare for entry to Marymount’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
The Biology program at Marymount opens many doors. Biology majors can
- earn licensure to teach biology to students in grades 6 through 12
- collaborate with a faculty mentor to undertake scholarly research through Marymount’s DISCOVER program
- apply for scholarship programs specifically for students interested in a career in the sciences
- participate in a summer study abroad program in Belize to gain hands-on experience in marine biology and tropical ecology.
What’s more, Marymount Biology majors have the resources of Washington, DC, nearby, providing great internship and research opportunities!
Marymount also offers classes in Astronomy, Chemistry, Geology, and Physics, as well as a minor in Physical Science.
Highly qualified students may be eligible for the Clare Boothe Luce Scholarship for Women in Science and Mathematics, providing full tuition and room and board. Link to the application to learn more