Late Books, Fines, and Fees
Overdue Status and Fine
- The library automatically sends email reminders to patrons when their books are approaching the due date. Patrons will be emailed after a book is overdue.
- There is a 3-day grace period after a book is overdue to return it without incurring fines.
- Marymount's library does not charge overdue fines to currently enrolled Marymount students, faculty or staff (with the exception of reserve materials) until the item has been overdue for 39 days.
- For WRLC patrons, community borrowers, and alumni, the fine for overdue materials is $.25 per day up to a maximum of $10 per item in addition to any lost and/or processing fees.
- Fines charged by other WRLC libraries to Marymount patrons are based upon that library's circulation policies.
- Fines for overnight reserves are $2.50 a day to a maximum of $7.00 per item.
- Fines for closed reserves are one cent per minute up to $7.00.
Lost Fines and Fees
- 40 days after an item is overdue, the item's status changes to "Lost." The following fines are then applied to the patron's account: $67 lost item fee $30 processing fee $10 overdue fine.
- After all fees are applied, patron's Registrar records, registration for classes, and transcripts will be held until fines/fees are paid.
- Upon return of the item, fines and account hold will be removed.
- Marymount student, faculty and staff may replace a lost book with an exact copy rather than paying the $67 lost fee. However, the $30 processing fee and $10 overdue fine must still be paid.
- Patrons should login to their MyALADIN page for account information.