Borrowing and Circulation
- The loan period for undergraduate students, staff, and alumni is 4 weeks.
- Graduate students and undergraduate honors students receive a 6-week loan.
- Marymount faculty may borrow books for up to four months, through one month after the end of the current semester, with fixed due dates (1/31, 5/31, 9/30).
- MU media (i.e. DVDs) may be checked out for 7 days. Media from other WRLC schools may be checked out for 5 days.
- Faculty, staff, and students at WRLC schools may borrow books from the Marymount library either by request through CLS or in person.
- All patrons must present a valid WRLC-issued, Marymount, or state identification card and have an up-to-date account in order to check out books.
- Reserve materials are restricted to MU student, faculty and staff use.
- Reference books, journals and other periodicals, and most reserve materials cannot be removed from the library.
- Borrowers with $25 or more in fines/fees at any of the WRLC institutions collectively will not be allowed to borrow materials.
- Materials from WRLC libraries or from Interlibrary Loan through Reinsch Library may be returned to the Reinsch Library Circulation Desk or Ballston Center Library Extension.
- When the library is closed, materials may be left in the book drops at the entrances of Reinsch library or in the book drop outside the Ballston Center Library Extension (Room 524).
- For currently enrolled Marymount students, faculty, and staff, most books may be renewed three times unless another borrower has placed a hold on an item.
- Use MyLibrary to renew your books online.
Holds and Requests
- A borrower may ask that a hold be placed on an item that is currently checked out. When that item is available, the borrower will be notified.
- If a book is missing, the circulation desk staff can request that the library staff search for it. If we find the book, we will contact you.
- If a book or article is at another school, you can request it, which usually takes less time than a hold or trace.
Call the Circulation Desk at 703-284-1533 or e-mail your questions or concerns to email@example.com