Room reservations for the Library Instruction Room on the Ground Floor and the Gomatos Information Literacy Room on the First Floor of the library are made through the Reference Associate or Instruction Team Coordinator.
When classes are in session:
- Priority use for both rooms is L&LS instruction and library orientations.
- When not reserved, the room is open for students.
- Marymount faculty, staff, and campus community groups with technology needs may reserve either room after the priority use event requests mentioned above are met. The reservation will be tentative until one week before the scheduled event. Library uses have priority up to one week. If a Library use event is scheduled prior to the one-week deadline, the individual and/or group will be notified and removed from the Room Schedule.
- L&LS offers only limited technical support for setting up and using the electronic equipment in the library instruction rooms, dependent on staff hours and availability. Users requiring technical assistance are encouraged to contact L&LS well in advance of their scheduled event so as to provide L&LS the opportunity to assist with familiarizing users with the room's equipment. L&LS staff cannot offer training or support when requested less than two business days before your scheduled event, so please plan accordingly.
- The person who reserved either room is responsible for:
- Returning the furniture and the room to the condition in which it was found.
- Keeping the aisle in the Library Instruction Room between the door leading out to the corridor and the door leading into the library Ground Floor unimpeded by furniture for handicapped access. The aisle must be open for ADA compliance.
- Turning off all instructor equipment (i.e. the instructor’s PC and the data projector) at the end of the event.
- Returning all borrowed equipment to the Circulation Desk.
- Library & Learning Services employees who wish to schedule in-house training or presentations will need to check with the Reference Associate about scheduling a room. The reservation will be tentative until one week before the scheduled event. Library use events mentioned above have priority up to one week. If two Library priority-use events need to be scheduled prior to the one-week deadline, the L&LS employee will be notified and the event will be removed from the Room Schedule.
- Marymount faculty, staff, and campus community groups may complete the online request form (http://www.marymount.edu/lls/forms/lireqform.cfm) or call the Reference Desk at 703-284-1649 to request a reservation for the Library Instruction room.
- An email confirmation will be sent out to the individual or group finalizing the reservation one week prior to the function.
- Schedule of LI Room reservations and LI sessions are maintained and displayed outside each of the instruction rooms and on the S drive.
- Users reserving the Instruction Room on the ground floor will be instructed via a written document that the instruction PC can only be accessed with a valid MU AD ID due to security reasons.
- Users reserving the Gomatos Information Literacy room are allowed to connect a laptop to the Gomatos Information Literacy room’s projection system using written instructions on the podium.
- Community groups reserving either instruction room will be instructed to access either instructor PC using the generic log-in set up on each computer.
Approved 11/12/12; Rev’d 10/14; Approved by AC 11/7/2014 S:\Library PS\Advisory Council\Policies Procedures\Approved by AC & Dean\Library Instruction Rooms Use Policy revd 11-14.docx