Marymount Student Care Team
The Marymount Student Care Team provides guidance and assistance to students who are experiencing crises, displaying odd or unusual behaviors, or are engaging in other behaviors that may be perceived as being harmful (either to the student individually, or to others).
The Marymount Student Care Team accepts referrals and responds to students (and their families, faculty, and staff) when concerns for a student’s health, welfare, and safety are identified.
The Marymount Student Care Team also supports members of the University community who interact with at-risk students by assessing and evaluating situations, communicating with individuals involved or impacted by a student’s behavior, and providing referrals and resources to assist and address behavioral concerns.
By fostering collaborative relationships with University departments and maintaining open lines of communication with previously identified and referred students, their families, faculty and staff, the Marymount Student Care Team makes a commitment to educating the University community about existing policies and instructing community members on how to address students in crisis.
The Marymount Student Care Team is coordinated through the Division of Student Affairs and is made up of the following members:
- Assistant Vice President/Dean of Student Life (Chair)
- Dean of Student Success
- Director of Counseling
- Director of Student Health Center
- Director of International Student Services
- Assistant Director of Residence Life
- Assistant Director of Campus Ministry
- Director of Student Access Services
- First-Year Experience Representative
- Faculty Representative
Other stakeholders are invited as needed and may include representatives
from Athletics, Student Conduct, Associate Deans of Schools, Associate Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies, etc.
Please email us with concerns about Marymount students or call the Team Chair, Christina Rajmaira, Dean of Student Life, at (703) 908-7670.
Examples of Marymount Student Care Team referrals:
- A student claims that he or she is thinking about harming themselves or others.
- A student’s physical appearance is deteriorating.
- A student is suffering from or dealing with the side effects of a serious illness.
- There are perceived concerns regarding the mental and/or physical health, welfare, and/or safety of a student.
Please visit our frequently asked questions page to see if what you are thinking is a common question or feel free to call the Team Chair, Tina Rajmaira at (703) 908-7670.
If you have an urgent question after hours, please call Campus Safety at (703) 284-1600 or 911 if there’s an emergency.