Orientation FAQs

New Student Orientation Frequently Asked Questions

If you don't see your question below, please call us at (703) 284-5706.

Is NSO mandatory?

Yes! We require all students to attend NSO.  Every aspect of NSO is important and we don't want you to miss any information! We’ve designed the program so that you can work on your class schedule, learn more about Marymount, and meet new people.

Can members of my family attend?

Yes! However, we do limit your guest limit to a maximum of three. When you register for Orientation, please make sure to include the names of your guests.

Will I meet my advisor?

You will meet with an advisor at orientation. During your first semester at Marymount you will need to meet with your assigned advisor. You can find this information by visiting your Marynet account, which is under the Marymount Portal. If you ever have questions about advising, you can visit the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) located in Rowley Hall G105 or call (703) 526-6935.

When can I move into my residence hall?

New students who will be living on campus and attending orientation will be allowed to move in on Wednesday, January 11th. Please contact the Office of Campus and Residential Services at (703) 284-1608 for more information about living on campus.

When can I create my class schedule?

Undergradate students can contact an advisor prior to coming to NSO. You will also meet with an advisor during NSO in which you can discuss your class schedule at that time. 

First Year students can contact the Center for Teaching and Learning at (703) 526-6935 or email us to speak with an advisor.

Transfer students should contact the Academic School in which their major is under. Go here to e-mail the correct department.

Transfer students who are undecided about their major can contact the Center for Teaching and Learning at (703) 526-6935 or email us to speak with an advisor.


As an international student do I have to go to International Student Check-In and New Student Orientation?

Yes! Both offices work together to ensure that information is not duplicated and that you are learning new information at each session. Both programs have equally important information and attendance will greatly benefit you when starting the new school year.

What do I need to bring to NSO?

Please bring any outstanding paper work, such as transcripts or health forms along with any questions you may still have about Marymount. Other than that just be prepared to have fun!

Office of Student Leadership, Transitions, and Engagement

Marymount University
2807 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207