Freshman applicants should have the following academic qualifications:
- Cumulative academic GPA of 2.6 or higher on 4.0 scale
- Standardized test scores are now optional for students applying to Marymount for the Fall 2016 semester or later. Students who have a high school GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale do not need to submit their SAT or ACT scores for admissions consideration.*
*If your high school GPA is lower than a 3.0 or if you are homeschooled, you are required to submit your standardized test scores. You may also submit your scores if you believe they will reflect positively on your admissions decision. If you are applying to a Marymount Scholarly program, standardized test scores are required.
Marymount University’s codes for sending test scores are 5405 for the SAT and 4378 for the ACT.
Recommended Completed High School Curriculum
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Foreign Language
- 3 years of Math
- 2 years of Science**
- 3 years of Social Studies
**Applicants to the Malek School of Health Professions are encouraged to complete biology and chemistry during high school.
Freshman applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Completed freshman application (apply online or download PDF)
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Official high school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation (download PDF)
- An essay or untimed writing sample of at least 250 but no more than 500 words is optional. Applicants may submit it for consideration, but it is not required.
- Additional materials are required for international students.
Students pursuing an undergraduate or post-baccalaureate certificate - or who just want to take a few classes at Marymount - are subject to requirements for nondegree applicants.