First Year Experience
rymount, we place special emphasis on each student’s first year. Through research and our own experience, we know that the foundations built during the first year are key to a student’s success. Once you’re admitted to Marymount, First Year Experience (FYE) picks up where Admissions leaves off – you’ll see us before school starts at orientation and during summer programs and then at FYE programs and events throughout the first year.
Themission of the First Year Experience program is to support the successful academic and social transition of new students into the Marymount University community.
We will accomplish the mission through the following goals:
- Provide academic advising to all entering first year students and transfer students with less than thirty credits.
- Support students during their academic and social transition period.
- Introduce first-year students to the University's resources, policies, procedures, and services in order to ease the transition into University.
- Empower students to connect to the University community, explore opportunities, and become engaged in activities that support academic and personal growth.
- Foster a feeling of belonging to the MU community for first-year students.
- Provide inquiry based learning opportunities and programming for the benefit of all first-year students.